Parades, foot races, groundbreaking ceremonies and Rams football will highlight a weekend of Colorado State University’s Homecoming festivities Oct. 3-5.
On Oct. 3, the Associated Students of Colorado State University will hold a bonfire and pep rally, which will culminate in fireworks and lighting of the "A" above Hughes Stadium. Festivities begin at 8:30 p.m.
Events on Oct. 4 begin with a 5K race at 8 a.m. starting in the Oval. The Community Homecoming Parade is another marquee event of the weekend. Colorado State, Poudre School District, Front Range Community College and the city of Fort Collins will join several community organizations for this year’s parade. The parade begins at 9 a.m. Oct. 4 in Old Town at Mountain Avenue and Walnut Street.
Michelle McKim, executive director of the Office of Alumni Relations, said the theme for this year’s parade is community unity.
"The community has been through a great deal during the past two months and this parade is one way to symbolize the unity that helped our flood recovery efforts," McKim said. "Now, we need to take a moment to join together to celebrate our community and what it’s all about."
This year’s football game matches the Colorado State Rams with the University of Hawaii Rainbow Warriors. Kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m. Oct. 4 at Hughes Stadium.
Following is a schedule of events for this year’s Homecoming. For a complete list of Homecoming events or to register for events, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (970) 491-6533, or call (800) 286-2586.
Colorado State University Homecoming Events
Friday, October 3
- Alumni Center open house, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., 645 S. Shields St.
- All-Alumni continental breakfast, 9-10:30 a.m., LSC East Ballroom.
- "The History of Colorado State University," 10 a.m., Room 228 LSC.
- Elevating Potential: Engineering/Physics groundbreaking celebration, 10:30 a.m. on the plaza south of the Engineering Building.
- Colorado wine tasting, 3-5 p.m., Room 203 Gifford Building.
- Island party, 3:30-7 p.m., LSC West Lawn.
- Astronomy presentation, 7 p.m., Room 100 Engineering Building.
- Stargazing with the department of physics, 7:30-9 p.m., rooftop of the Natural and Environmental Sciences Building.
- "Yell Like Hell!" competition, 7-8:30 p.m., LSC West Lawn.
- Little Shop of Physics, 7:30-9 p.m., Room B322 Natural and Environmental Sciences Building.
- Bonfire and torch run to the "A," 8:30 p.m., LSC West Lawn.
- Lighting of the "A" and fireworks, 9 p.m.
Saturday, October 4
- Homecoming 5K race, 8 a.m. on the Oval.
- Community Homecoming parade, 9 a.m. beginning in Old Town.
- Ram Huddle, pregame tailgate party, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., southeast of Gate 5 at Hughes Stadium.
- Rams Homecoming football game against the University of Hawaii, 1:30 p.m. Hughes Stadium.
- Halftime awards ceremony, about 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 5
- Polo match, Alumni vs. Colorado State, 1 p.m., Equine Center, Overland Trail and Elizabeth Street.