Experts in agriculture, technology, the Internet and a wide range of other business-related topics will make presentations during Colorado State University’s seventh annual Business Forum Day Feb. 5.
All presentations are free and open to the public.
The event, sponsored by the Graduate Business Council and the College of Business, runs from
9 a.m.-5:15 p.m. in the East and Middle Ballrooms in Lory Student Center.
Jim Farmer, vice president for corporate communications at Saturn Corp., is the luncheon’s keynote speaker. Tickets for the luncheon are available; cost is $10 per person.
A second keynote presentation will be made by Jan Horsfall, vice president and marketing for Lycos Inc., an Internet search engine. Horsfall will address ways technology companies like Lycos are changing the way people work and live. Other Business Forum Day presentations include Doug Schatz, CEO of Advanced Energy in Fort Collins; Tim Larsen, senior international marketing specialist for the Colorado Agriculture Department; and Antoine Toffa, president of the Trip.com, an online travel service based in Englewood.
The Business Forum Day schedule is as follows:
- 9-10:15 a.m.–Panel discussion, "Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital." Panelists include Dale Meyer, professor of strategic management at the University of Colorado-Boulder; Doug Schatz, CEO of Advanced Energy; and Tom Washing, partner in Sequel Partner Ventures in Boulder.
- 10:30-11:30 a.m.–Featured speaker Jan Horsfall, vice president of marketing for Lycos Inc.
- 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.–Luncheon.
- 1:15-2:15 p.m.–Keynote speaker Jim Farmer, vice president for corporate communications, Saturn Corp.
- 2:30-3:45 p.m.–Panel discussion, "Agribusiness and the Growth of International Markets for U.S. Agricultural Products." Panel members are Tim Larsen, senior international marketing specialist for the Colorado Department of Agriculture; Dale Green, district manager of Cargill’s animal nutrition division; and Sam Albrecht, executive director of the National Bison Association.
- 4-5:15 p.m.–Panel discussion, "Electronic Commerce." Participants include Antoine Toffa, president of the Trip.com; David Chesnick of Lycos Inc.; and a representative from IBM.
For more information or to purchase a ticket for the luncheon, call (970) 491-2994.