The Colorado State community is will gather Sept. 8 for the President’s Fall Address and University Picnic to celebrate the accomplishments of the past year and look ahead to the challenges of the coming year.
Faculty, staff and students will convene at 11 a.m. on the Oval while the University Pep Band plays. President Albert Yates will address the campus community at 11:15 a.m. on the north steps of the Administration Building on the Oval. Yates will talk about one of the most historic years in the university’s history. Yates also will share his vision for the coming year.
After the president’s address, a picnic will be served on the Oval and a variety of activities and entertainment will be provided for participants to enjoy. The picnic theme is "Celebrating Today and Yesteryear: Ram and Aggie Pride," and activities will include:
- costumed historical figures from the university’s past;
- Colorado State trivia game and building tours from the Alumni Association;
- student-built Formula SAE race car;
- student-designed robots;
- Cam the Ram;
- Rocky Mountain Raptor program exhibit;
- dairy cows, draft horses and wagon rides;
- live music from Twelve Cents for Marvin, a student band.
Classes will not be canceled, but departments are encouraged to arrange schedules to accommodate those who wish to attend the event. The Oval will be closed to vehicular traffic and parking all day.
Call 491-6432 for more information on the festivities.