Colorado State University engineering students will showcase their projects and host activities for the university and Fort Collins community as part of Engineering Days April 23-24.
Engineering Days will run from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Lory Student Center on campus April 23. Events will be in the Main and North Ballrooms and on the Lory Student Center Plaza. Engineering Days will feature engineering student design projects and demonstrations, a career fair, laser tag, airplane throw contest, a pie-in-the-face competition and picnic. An awards ceremony will be held April 24.
A panel of judges made up of professionals from the engineering industry will judge student projects and awards will be given to those who have submitted outstanding work.
A schedule of events follows. All events are free and open to the public.
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. – Student projects displayed, Main Ballroom and East Plaza, Lory Student Center.
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. – Engineering career fair, Ballroom, Lory Student Center.
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. – Laser tag, Ballroom, Lory Student Center.
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. – Blind tractor drive, East Plaza, Lory Student Center.
- 10 a.m. – High-school tours, Ballroom, Lory Student Center.
- Noon -3 p.m. – Throw a pie at your favorite engineering faculty member, west lawn, Lory Student Center.
- 12:30-3:45 p.m. – Judging.
- 4 p.m. – Annual picnic, Water Plaza on campus.
- 10:30 a.m. – Awards ceremony, Rambouilet Room, Lory Student Center.
Engineering Days events are organized by students in the Engineering Legislature and sponsored by the Engineering Dean’s Council and Associated Students of Colorado State University.
Contact Ann Levine at 491-6446 for more information.