The Community Homecoming and Colorado State University Family Weekend 2004 events offer the community, as well as university alumni, family and students, a chance to celebrate successes together. The festivities will center around a weekend of celebration planned on Oct. 1-3.
The Community Homecoming Celebration and Colorado State Family Weekend will kick off Oct. 1 with this year’s theme of "The Spirit of Adventure." Some events require pre-registration and payment for Family Weekend.
Events scheduled for this year include:
– The community Homecoming Parade will begin at 9 a.m. in Old Town and end in the Moby Arena parking lot. Parade entry forms are due Sept. 20. For parade information and entry forms, visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu.
– The President’s Homecoming and Family Weekend reception is an open house with Colorado State President Larry Edward Penely at 5 p.m. Oct. 1 in the North Ballroom of the Lory Student Center.
– A pancake breakfast will be held at 7 a.m. Saturday at the Alumni Center, 645 S. Shields St. The event is sponsored by the Student Alumni Connection.
– The 24th Annual Homecoming 5K Race will begin at 8 a.m. Oct. 2 on the campus Oval. Registration for the race is $17 prior to Sept. 24, $21 prior to Oct. 1 and $25 for race-day registration. A Kids’ Fun Run race will also take place at 8:45 a.m. Oct. 2 and is a free event. Registration forms for the 5K are at http://hes.cahs.colostate.edu/homecoming/index.aspx.
– Rams football will host Brigham Young University at 8 p.m. Oct. 2. The game will be played at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium. A bus tour of Fort Collins and a VIP shuttle to the football game and tailgate will take off at 4 p.m. from the Alumni Center. Tickets for the game can be purchased through the Colorado State Athletic Ticket Office at 800-491-RAMS or 491-RAMS.
– High school Homecoming festivities include Rocky Mountain, Fort Collins and Poudre High schools. Contact the high schools for more information.
– Colorado State reunions include College of Veterinary Medicine class of 1954, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 30; College of Engineering, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 30; Alumni Marching Band, 9 a.m. Oct. 1; Department of Animal Science, 5 p.m. Oct. 1; College of Business class of 1979, 6 p.m. Oct. 1; Lambda Chi Alpha classes of 1955-1965, 6 p.m. Oct. 1; Colorado State’s class of 1954, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 1; Colorado State’s class of ’44, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 1; College of Veterinary Medicine class of 1979, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 1: Student Alumni Connection, to be announced; College of Engineering class of 1979, to be announced.
– A golf scramble will be played at 8 a.m. Oct. 3 at City Park Nine Golf Course. An awards ceremony will follow at 11 a.m. Register early at 970-491-HOME or www.homecoming.colostate.edu; space is limited. This event is sponsored by the Colorado State Bookstore.
– A hike to the "A" in the Foothills west of campus is scheduled for 9 a.m. Oct. 3 beginning at Hughes Stadium. The hike is 2.5 miles round-trip.
All homecoming events are open to the public, but cost for some activities will vary. For more information and a full schedule, call 970-491-HOME or visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu.