The Community Homecoming and Colorado State University Family Weekend is slated for Oct. 7-9. The celebration’s events offer the community, and university alumni, family and students a chance to commemorate successes and observe traditions together.
The Community Homecoming Celebration and Colorado State Family Weekend will kick off Oct. 7 with this year’s theme of "We’re Better Together." A wide variety of community and alumni events will be highlighted including a community parade, 5K race and Rams volleyball and football games.
Some events require pre-registration and payment. For a complete list of events, visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu. Events scheduled for this year include:
– The Community Homecoming Parade, which also honors local veterans, will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, in Old Town and end in the Moby Arena parking lot. Parade entry forms are due Monday, Sept. 26. For parade information and entry forms, visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu.
– A Walk Down Memory Lane at the Colorado State University Morgan Library Archives Open House from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 7, and noon – 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, Room 202. Guests can relive the colorful history and tradition of Colorado State with a rich collection of memorabilia from the university archive including photographs, yearbooks, Rocky Mountain Collegians and commencement programs.
– The 25th Anniversary Homecoming 5K Race and Kids Fun Run starts at 7:45 a.m. on the Colorado State University Oval. For more information or to register, contact the university’s Department of Health and Exercise Science at 970-491-5081 or visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu.
– A pancake breakfast will be held at 7 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at the Alumni Center, 645 S. Shields St. The event is sponsored by the Student Alumni Connection.
– Rams football will host Utah at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8. The game will be played at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium. Tickets for the game can be purchased through the Colorado State Athletic Ticket Office at 800-491-RAMS or 491-RAMS.
– Rams volleyball plays Brigham Young University at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 7, at Moby Arena. Tickets are available at 800-491-RAMS.
– A Community Homecoming and Family Weekend welcome reception will be held from 5 – 6:30 p.m. in the North Ballroom in the Lory Student Center on the Colorado State University campus. The event is open to alumni, families, students and friends of Colorado State. Entertainment includes the Little Shop of Physics and performances from the Advocacy Offices Student Organizations. Sponsored by the Colorado State University Alumni Association, Vice President for Student Affairs Office, Association for Student Activity Programming and Associated Students for Colorado State University.
– A golf scramble will be played at 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 9, at City Park Nine Golf Course. An awards ceremony will follow at 11 a.m. Register early at 970-491-HOME or www.homecoming.colostate.edu; space is limited.
– A hike to the "A" in the Foothills west of campus is scheduled for 9 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 9, beginning at Hughes Stadium. The hike is 2.5 miles round-trip. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended. The hike is sponsored by the Outdoor Adventure Program in Campus Recreation.
For information about local high school Homecoming festivities, including Rocky Mountain, Fort Collins and Poudre High schools, contact the individual high schools.
All homecoming events are open to the public, but cost for some activities will vary. For more information and a full schedule, call 970-491-HOME or visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu.