A line-up of Friday and Saturday activities to celebrate Colorado State University will rally the Rams for the Qwest Rocky Mountain Showdown on Sept. 9 at Invesco Field in Denver when the Rams play the University of Colorado Buffaloes.
Weekend highlights kick off with Ram Appreciation Day in downtown Denver on Friday, Sept. 8, beginning with the Ram Rally from noon-1 p.m. at Skyline Park, 1601 Arapahoe St. behind the D. & F. Tower along the 16th Street Mall. Emceed by Colorado State alumnus and Denver’s CBS4 news anchor Jim Benemann, Colorado State alumni, fans and friends are encouraged to wear Colorado State green and attend this free event featuring the university’s marching band, cheerleaders, CAM, university administrators and special guests. The event will celebrate Colorado State and its fans includes T-shirt give-aways, and attendees will have a chance to win tickets to the game.
Ram fans also can interact with Colorado State Ram football players Dustin Osborn and Clint Oldenburg during the inaugural Ram Power Lunch Hour, a free and live streaming audio webcast from 11 a.m.-noon on Thursday, Sept. 7. Participants should pre-register for the webcast at www.events.acttel.com/gorams. The webcast is presented by the Colorado State University Alumni Association in partnership with Colorado State Athletics and sponsored by ACT Teleconferencing, Inc.
The Alumni Association also is sponsoring an Alumni and Fan Pep Rally with Paul Kowalczyk, director of athletics, and former Colorado State Rams stars including Kenya Ragsdale, Sean Moran, Matt Bartz and Justin Holland from 5-7 p.m. at LoDos Bar and Grill rooftop, 1946 Market Street in downtown Denver. The evening also will include appearances of the university’s cheer squad, mascot CAM and a video featuring memorable moments of previous football showdowns between the Colorado State University Rams and the University of Colorado. Appetizers will be provided. The event is free and open to all.
Football fans are invited to gather at the university’s Pre-Game Tailgate Celebration, sponsored by Alumni Association affinity partner Liberty Mutual Insurance, before kickoff from 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Saturday at parking lot J on the west side of Invesco Field. The festive event will include tailgate fare, entertainment by the Colorado State University marching band and cheer squad, and remarks from university President Larry Edward Penley and Athletic Director Paul Kowalczyk at approximately 1:15 p.m. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and admission is $25 including lunch. Attendees must RSVP by Sept. 5 by contacting the Alumni Association at (970) 491-6533 or (800) 491-7267.
A private transportation service, Echo Tours, will provide bus service from Colorado State’s Moby Arena to Invesco Field for fans attending the football game on Saturday. For rates, departure times and reservations, call (970) 482-9223.
A full schedule of events follows.
Thursday, Sept. 7
– Colorado State University student pep rally from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on the Lory Student Center plaza. Students can enjoy burgers and brats while listening to Coach Lubick and Ram players from noon-12:15 p.m.
– Ram Power Lunch Hour interactive webcast with Colorado State football players answering questions submitted by fans from 11 a.m.-noon at www.events.acttel.com/gorams. Registration is required, but can be made anytime before or during the webcast.
Friday, Sept. 8
– Colorado State University Ram Rally at Skyline Park, 1601 Arapahoe St. behind the D. & F. Tower along the 16th Street Mall from noon-1 p.m.
– Colorado State University Alumni and Fan Pep Rally from 5-7 p.m. at Lo Dos Bar and Grill rooftop, 1946 Market Street in downtown Denver.
Saturday, Sept. 9
– Pre-game Tailgate Celebration presented by Alumni Association affinity partner Liberty Mutual Insurance in the west parking lot from 12:30-2:30 p.m. at Invesco Field.
– Rocky Mountain Showdown Kickoff at 3 p.m., Invesco Field.