The Community Homecoming and Colorado State University Family Weekend 2006 events offer the community, as well as university alumni, family and students, a chance to celebrate successes together. The festivities will center around a weekend of celebration on Oct. 6-8.
The Community Homecoming Celebration, "Rooted in Our Past, Growing Toward Our Future," and Colorado State Family Weekend will kick off Oct. 6. Some events require pre-registration and payment for Family Weekend.
Events scheduled for this year include:
– Colorado State Rams volleyball plays Denver University at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 4, at Moby Arena. Tickets are available at (800) 491-RAMS.
-"An Evening of Music and Dance" will be held on Thursday, Oct. 5, from 7-9 p.m. in the Lory Student Center Theatre. The event celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month and is free to the public. The concert features Manuel Molina’s Latin Jazz Combo. For more information, call El Centro Student Services at (970) 491-0590. The event is sponsored by El Centro Student Services.
– Morgan Library Archives Open House will be in Room 202 on Friday, Oct. 6, from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and on Saturday, Oct. 7, from 11:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. View photographs, yearbooks, Rocky Mountain Collegians, commencement programs and other items that tell the story of CSU’s past and highlight your favorite CSU memories. For more information, contact the University Archives and Special Collections at (970) 491-1844 or visit the Web at http://lib.colostate.edu/news/homecoming06/.
– A pancake breakfast will be held at 7 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 7, at the Alumni Center, 645 S. Shields St. The event is sponsored by the Student Alumni Connection. Cost is $5. Contact the CSU Alumni Association at (970) 491-6533.
– The 26th Annual Homecoming 5K Race will begin at 7:45 a.m. Oct. 7 on the campus Oval. Registration for the race is $19 prior to Sept. 30, $23 prior to Oct. 6 and $27 for race-day registration. A Kids’ Fun Run race will also take place at 8:45 a.m. Oct. 2 and is a free event. Registration forms for the 5K are at http://hes.cahs.colostate.edu/homecoming/index.aspx.
– The community Homecoming Parade will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 7, in Old Town and end in the Moby Arena parking lot. For parade information and entry forms, visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu. The parade is sponsored by American Family Insurance.
– Rams football will host the University of Nevada-Las Vegas at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 7. The game will be played at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium. Tickets for the game can be purchased through the Colorado State Athletic Ticket Office at (800) 491-RAMS or 491-RAMS.
– A golf scramble will be played at 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 8, at City Park Nine Golf Course. An awards ceremony will follow at 11 a.m. Register early at (970) 491-HOME or www.homecoming.colostate.edu; space is limited. This event is sponsored by the Colorado State Bookstore.
– The first annual Colorado State 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament will be held on Sunday, Oct. 8, at 1 p.m. inside Campus Recreation Center. The event is sponsored by Black Student Services and the Campus Recreation Center.
– A hike to the "A" in the Foothills west of campus is scheduled for 9 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 8, beginning at Hughes Stadium. The hike is 2.5 miles round-trip. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended. The hike is sponsored by the Outdoor Adventure Program in Campus Recreation.
For information about local high school Homecoming festivities, including Rocky Mountain, Fort Collins and Poudre High schools, contact the individual high schools.
All homecoming events are open to the public, but cost for some activities will vary. For more information and a full schedule, call (970) 491-HOME or visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu.