Degrees will be conferred upon the Fall 2006 graduates of Colorado State University during ceremonies on Friday, Dec. 15 and Saturday, Dec. 16. Diplomas will be awarded to 1,439 baccalaureate candidates, 240 master’s degree candidates and 60 doctoral candidates.
Pat Grant, chairman of the Board of Governors, which oversees the Colorado State University system, is among the list of commencement guest speakers. Grant also is chief executive officer of the National Western Stock Show and is a member of the board and executive committee of the Denver Metro Convention and Visitor’s Center. Grant served as a state representative for Colorado from 1985-1992 after a career in law.
Grant will speak at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 16 at the College of Agricultural Sciences ceremony in the Lory Student Center Main Ballroom.
Former State Sen. Peggy Reeves will speak at the College of Natural Sciences ceremony. Reeves first entered politics in 1973 when she served on the Fort Collins City Council. She became a House representative in 1983 and served six terms before being elected to the Colorado Senate, where she served two terms, ending in 2004. Reeves will give her address to graduates at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 16 in Moby Arena.
Chad McWhinney, a member of the Board of Governors and president and CEO of McWhinney Enterprises, a Loveland-headquartered real estate development firm, is speaking at the College of Business ceremonies.
John Brophy, project element manager of the Ion Propulsion System for NASA’s Dawn mission, which is currently under development, will address College of Engineering graduates. He obtained two degrees from Colorado State in 1984 and 1980.
Bob Budd, executive director of the Wyoming Wildlife and Natural Resource Trust, will address Warner College of Natural Resources graduates. The trust was established to enhance wildlife habitats and the natural resource heritage of Wyoming.
Other speakers during the commencement ceremonies include numerous Colorado State faculty and staff.
The following is a list of times, dates and places for the commencement ceremonies:
Friday, Dec. 15
– 1 p.m., Army ROTC Commissioning, Lory Student Center Room 228
– 1:30 p.m. Air Force ROTC Commissioning, Lory Student Center North Ballroom
– 3 p.m. Graduate School, Moby Arena
– 7 p.m. College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Lory Student Center Main Ballroom
– 7:30 p.m. College of Applied Human Sciences, Moby Arena
Saturday, Dec. 16
– 9 a.m. College of Natural Sciences, Moby Arena
– 9 a.m. College of Agricultural Sciences, Lory Student Center Main Ballroom
– 12:30 p.m. College of Business, Moby Arena
– 12:30 p.m. College of Engineering, Lory Student Center Main Ballroom
– 4 p.m. College of Liberal Arts, Moby Arena
– 4 p.m. Warner College of Natural Resources, Lory Student Center Main Ballroom