Colorado State University’s student chapter of the American Association of Feline Practitioners is sponsoring an educational conference for cat owners wanting to learn more about feline health issues.
The third annual Cat Care Conference is open to the public and runs from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 3, in Room 118 Argus Animal Cancer Center, Colorado State University Veterinary Medical Center, 300 W. Drake Rd.
Following are topics covered at the conference.
– Dr. Narda Robinson, Colorado State University veterinarian, will discuss the alternative use of acupuncture treatment in feline medicine from 9-9:45 a.m.
– Dr. Michael Lappin, Colorado State University veterinarian, will provide an overview of preventative medicine and the steps taken to protect cats from 10-10:45 a.m.
– Dr. Raegan Wells, Colorado State University veterinarian, will demonstrate the uses of first aid in feline emergency situations from 11-11:45 a.m.
– Dr. Jessica Quimby, Colorado State University veterinarian, will discuss the medical and non-medical reasons for inappropriate feline urination from 1-1:45 p.m.
– Open panel discussion with doctors and students regarding feline health from 2-2:45 p.m.
– Optional tour of the Colorado State Veterinary Medical Center at 3 p.m.
The day will include these four lectures, about 45 minutes each, and conclude with the question-and-answer panel. Participants will have the opportunity to direct their questions to experienced veterinarians. In addition to the educational opportunities, the student chapter of the American Association of Feline Practitioners will be raffling off prizes for cats and providing a free lunch for all who attend.
The conference is free. Donations are appreciated, and a portion of all funds raised will be donated to the Fort Collins Cat Rescue. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the registration form at www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/aafp/ccc.html.
For more information about the conference, e-mail AAFP at email@example.com. To learn more about AAFP, visit http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/aafp.