An 11-day series of events at Colorado State University and in Fort Collins will celebrate the Asian and Pacific American cultures. The events begin on April 19 and end on April 29.
The activities will give students, staff, faculty members and area residents the chance to learn about Asian/Pacific American culture through food, dance performances and presentations.
A list of events follows:
– 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 19 in the Lory Student Center Plaza: Food Fest will include teriyaki beef sticks, vegetable curry and rice for sale. For more information, call 491-6154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 3 p.m. to midnight April 20 in the Laporte and Virginia Dale rooms of the Lory Student Center: Ramnime Anime Lock-in will feature Japanese anime. For more information, including cost, e-mail email@example.com.
– 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 21 at the Fort Collins Public Library: The Cultural Carnival will provide an opportunity to learn about Asian/Pacific American cultures. The event will include performances, an anime presentation and a rice eating contest. The carnival is sponsored by Anheuser-Busch, Asian/Pacific American Student Services, the Diversity Grant, the Division of Student Affairs, Fort Collins Public Library, Gohan Time, Pepsi Beverage Grant, South China Restaurant, Thai Pepper and Toy’s Thai.
– 5 p.m. April 22 in the Lory Student Center Main Ballroom: The Pilipino American Remix Event will feature traditional Pilipino foods and dance performances. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Noon to 1 p.m. April 23 in Rooms 214 and 216 of the Lory Student Center: The Ask the Asian/Pacific American video project premier will focus on the representation of Asian/Pacific Americans in U.S. media. Duane Noriyuki, a former L.A. Times employee, will facilitate. For more information call 491-6154 or e-mail email@example.com. This event is sponsored by the Asian/Pacific American Student Services Office.
– 3 to 5 p.m. April 23 in Rooms 214 and 216 of the Lory Student Center: The Got Brand? workshop by Erin Yoshimura will teach people how to develop and become more aware of their personal brands. RSVP by April 21 by calling 491-6154 or e-mailing Reagan.firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is sponsored by Anheuser-Busch, Asian/Pacific American Student Services, Associated Students of Colorado State University, the Career Center, the Division of Student Affairs, Student Leadership & Civic Engagement and University Counseling.
– 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 25 in the Lory Student Center Plaza: Food Fest II will feature Asian foods.
– Noon April 25 in the Lory Student Center Art Lounge: The Korean American Student Association will allow people to learn more about North Korea and to watch clips from the documentary "Seoul Train." For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
– 7 p.m. April 26 at the Bean Cycle, 144 N. College Ave.: The Ken Oak Band, a touring band from Southern California, will play. The event is sponsored by Anheuser-Busch, Asian/Pacific American Student Services, Associated Students of Colorado State University, The Bean Cycle, the Diversity Grant, the Division of Student Affairs and Electrical Systems Consultants.
– 5 p.m. April 29 in the Lory Student Center Main Ballroom: The annual luau will feature a variety of dance performances, food and gift items. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Asian Fest, contact Asian/Pacific American Student Services at 491-6154, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.apass.colostate.edu.
– 30 –