Note to Editors: For full biographical information on the award winners and descriptions of the awards, visit online at www.newsinfo.colostate.edu and click on the header for this release. The biographical information can be downloaded in a Microsoft Word document.
The Beef Improvement Federation, a group that seeks to improve the beef industry through performance evaluations, discussions of genetics and other avenues, honored annual award winners this week at its 39th meeting hosted by Colorado State University.
Following are the award recipients.
– 2007 BIF Continuing Service Award: Sally Northcutt, genetic research director at the American Angus Association.
– 2007 BIF Continuing Service Award: Craig Huffhines, executive vice president and CEO of the American Hereford Association.
– 2007 BIF Pioneer Award: R.A. "Rob" Brown of R.A. Brown Ranch, an industry leader for more than 20 years.
– 2007 BIF Pioneer Award: Jim Gosey, extension beef specialist and professor for 34 years in the Animal Science Department at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
– 2007 BIF Pioneer Award: David and Emma Danciger of Tybar Ranch, lifelong ranchers in Dallas and later Carbondale, Colo., and dedicated to the advancement of artificial insemination of cattle.
– 2007 BIF Ambassador Award: Angela J. "Angie" Denton, editor of "Hereford World."