This year’s Community Homecoming and Colorado State University Family Weekend offers the community, university alumni, family and students a chance to "Celebrate Homecoming" Oct. 5-7. Some events require pre-registration.
Following are events scheduled for this year.
– University Archives Open House will be in Room 202 of the Morgan Library on Friday, Oct. 5, from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 6, from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. View photographs, yearbooks, Rocky Mountain Collegians, commencement programs and other items that show highlights of Colorado State’s past.
– The Ram volleyball team hosts a game against alumni on Friday, Oct 5, at 7 p.m. in Moby Arena. Tickets cost $6 for adults, $5 for general admission and $3 for youth (ages 3-17). Call (800) 491-RAMS for more information.
– A pancake breakfast starts at 7 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at the Alumni Center front yard, 645 S. Shields St. The event is sponsored by the Student Alumni Connection. Cost is $5. Contact the CSU Alumni Association at (970) 491-6533.
– The 27th Annual Homecoming 5K Race begins at 7:45 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, on the CSU Oval and will be followed by a Kid’s Fun Run. Registration for the race is $20 prior to Sept. 29, $25 prior to Oct. 6 and $30 for race-day registration. Register online at http://hes.cahs.colostate.edu/communityprograms/homecoming/index.aspx/.
– The community Homecoming Parade begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, in Old Town and ends in the Moby Arena parking lot.
– Rams football hosts San Diego State University at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium. Tickets for the game can be purchased through the Colorado State Athletic Ticket Office at (800) 491-RAMS or 491-RAMS.
– A golf scramble starts at 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, at City Park Nine Golf Course. Space is limited. For more information call (970) 491-7501. The event is sponsored by ASAP.
– A hike to the "A" in the foothills west of campus begins at 9 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, at Hughes Stadium. The hike is 2.5 miles round trip. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended. The hike is sponsored by the Outdoor Adventure Program in Campus Recreation.
Homecoming events are open to the public, but cost for some activities vary. For more information and a full schedule, visit www.homecoming.colostate.edu.