Colorado State University will celebrate diverse cultures on campus through the 55th annual International Fest, a month-long cultural celebration. The event will culminate with the World Unity Fair from 3-9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, in the Lory Student Center main ballrooms.
The communitywide event unites more than 20 international culture and country groups at the university and within the Fort Collins community. The celebration provides the community with a variety of unique customs, alluring tastes from around the world and entertainment and activities for all ages.
The World Unity Fair demonstrates the importance of cultural diversity and international relations while promoting a message of tolerance through entertainment and education. Events and activities include:
– Youth World Tour from 3-5 p.m.: Activities for children including cultural trivia, origami, gingerbread house building, Chinese yo-yo and more.
– International Bazaar from 3-8:30 p.m.: Purchase international gifts and collectibles just in time for the holidays to benefit the Fort Collins International Center.
– Food and Culture Booths from 5-9 p.m.: Experience the unique tastes and sights of international cultures.
– World Talent Show from 6-8:30 p.m.: Dancing, singing and acting from all over the world will be performed in the Lory Student Center Theater.
– "Where in the World is CSU From?" Photo contest from 3-9 p.m.: A photo exhibit in the Morgan Library that profiles the diversity and richness of cultures on campus in a display of pictures from
more than 70 countries.
Activities are open to the public and free and except food and gift purchases. Food tickets are available at the Lory Student Center ticket office from 4:30-8 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 8.
November highlights international education awareness month. Highlighted events in this celebration include guest speakers, Native American awareness month activities, international films, India Night, French folk dances, HIV/AIDS awareness film and candlelight vigil, discussions and cultural performances.
Colorado State celebrates the events as part of national International Education Week, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, observed Nov. 17-21 to promote and celebrate international education and exchange.
International Fest is sponsored by the Office of International Programs, Fort Collins International Center, Associated Students of Colorado State University, Council for International Student Affairs, Colorado State University and other campus organizations and departments.
For more information, contact Jenn Christ, International Programs Office, at (970) 491-5917, Jennifer.Christ@colostate.edu or online at www.international.colostate.edu.