Colorado State University will celebrate the diverse cultures on campus through the 56th Annual International Festival, known as World Unity Fair, on Saturday, Nov. 14.
Events, which are open to the public, are planned from 3 to 10:30 p.m. in the Lory Student Center Main Ballroom.
World Unity Fair unites more than 20 international culture and country groups at the university and within the Fort Collins community and celebrates with a variety of unique customs, alluring tastes from around the world and entertainment and activities for all ages. Nearly 1,300 Colorado State University international students and scholars from more than 90 countries study and work in the Fort Collins area.
World Unity Fair demonstrates the importance of cultural diversity and international relations while promoting a message of cultural understanding through entertainment and education. All events and activities are in the Lory Student Center ballroom including:
• Youth World Tour, 3-5 p.m.: Activities for children include cultural trivia, origami, building gingerbread houses, the Chinese yo-yo, etc.
• International Bazaar, 3-8 p.m.: Purchase international gifts and collectibles just in time for the holidays to benefit the Fort Collins International Center.
• Food and culture booths, 5-8 p.m.: Experience the tastes and sights of international cultures including dumplings, Pad Thai, flan, Badam Milk and Takoyaki. Entrees cost a maximum of $2.50.
• World Talent Show, 8-10:30 p.m.: Dancing, singing and acting from all over the world will be performed in the Lory Student Center Theater.
• Throughout the day, the Northern Colorado Language Exchange will host a life-size Latin American hut near the ticket booth in the Duhesa Lounge.
Activities are free, except for food and artifact purchases. Food tickets are available at the Lory Student Center ticket office 4:30-7:30 p.m. on Nov. 14.
Colorado State celebrates these events as part of the national International Education Week, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, observed Nov. 16-20 to promote and celebrate international education and exchange. International Fest is sponsored in part by the Office of International Programs, the Fort Collins International Center, Associated Students of Colorado State University, Council for International Student Affairs, Colorado State University and other campus organizations and departments.
For more information, contact Jenn Christ, International Programs Office at Laurel Hall, at (970) 491-5917 or Jennifer.Christ@colostate.edu or visit the website at www.international.colostate.edu.