Colorado State University’s Youth Sports Camps offer great summer activities to keep kids healthy and engaged. The camps, sponsored by the Department of Health and Exercise Science in the College of Applied Human Sciences, are now open for summer registration.
The program offers activities for kids from kindergarten to eighth grade with every ability and interest. Counselor-in-training opportunities also are extended to youth who are 14-17 years old.
Camp participants can choose among several week-long camps that cater to their interests:
– For youngsters interested in honing their skills in a particular sport, camps are available in baseball and softball, basketball, in-line hockey, soccer, volleyball and tennis.
– Kids who want to try a variety of sports in one week can have a blast in the Field Sports Camp, which offers a different sport each day.
– A two-week long Super Sport Camp is offered for those who want to experience a sport as well as other activities such as roller skating and indoor rock climbing. Daily swimming lessons and a field trip also are included in the Super Sport Camp.
– Children can get an educational outlook on an active lifestyle by participating in the FunLIFE camp, or Learning to Improve Fitness and Eating, which includes an outdoor adventure component. This week-long camp is designed to educate participants in nutrition, fitness and healthy lifestyles. Participants also will enjoy field and team games, yoga, hiking, swimming and other outdoor, lifelong pursuits. The adventure component to the camps includes hiking and geocaching.
– The Music and Movement camp is a non-contact camp that promotes exercise through rhythmic movement and music with added kickboxing and martial arts movements and tumbling.
The Youth Sports Camp 12-week day-camp program promotes healthy lifestyles among children. The camp season begins on Tuesday, May 29, and ends on Friday, Aug. 17. Camps run from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with before-and-after care available for a small fee. All camps are $155 for one week, with discounts available for multiple weeks or multiple campers within the same family.
Super Sport Camp is a two-week camp and the cost is $290, with discounts also available for multiple camp registration or family members.
Tennis runs 8-10 a.m. only and costs $65 per week.
Enrollment in each camp is limited, so early registration is recommended.
A $5 per session discount is available for those who register before Friday, May 11. For online or mail-in registration for the camps, see www.hes.cahs.colostate.edu/YSC or register in person at 201A Moby B Complex.