Colorado State University moved into the top 60 public universities in the country according to U.S. News and World Report’s annual America’s Best Colleges ranking for 2014. The rankings place CSU at 60, up from 67 last year, among public universities nationwide.
“This is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our educators across campus and online who have made Colorado State a destination campus for students from around the world,” said CSU President Tony Frank. “We are extremely proud of the academic excellence and one-of-a-kind learning opportunities afforded to our students, and our faculty deserve full credit for making CSU a rising star among top-tier public research universities.”
The magazine also lists the university as an A-plus school for students who want to be a part of a university with a broad, engaged student body.
U.S. News highlighted CSU as an outstanding example of institutions that encourage “Writing in the Disciplines” – a distinction that helps drive student success, according to U.S. News. This ranking recognizes universities where writing is a priority at all levels of instruction and across the curriculum. Among the 19 universities listed with CSU were Brown University, Cornell University, Duke University, Harvard University, Princeton University and Yale University.
U.S. News also noted in its summary that CSU is “considered one of the leading research universities, and faculty and students work together to explore fields such as atmospheric science, infectious diseases, clean energy technologies, and environmental science.”
According to U.S. News and World Report it assesses nearly 1,800 of the country’s four-year colleges and universities, including the 201 in the top tier of the national university rankings. A complete list of rankings and methodologies is available at www.usnews.com.
Colorado State University is one of the nation’s premier research universities routinely highlighted in national rankings recognizing top universities and programs:
– For the fifth year in a row CSU has been named a Military Friendly School, in the company of the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools. The list, published by GI Jobs magazine, recognizes higher education institutions that embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
– CSU’s College of Agricultural Sciences programs rank in the top 10 percent of the world’s best universities according to the 2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
– CSU’s College of Business ranks in the top 15 percent of the world’s best universities for its research, according to the 2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
– CSU is featured in the 2014 edition of The Fiske Guide to Colleges. The Fiske Guide to Colleges features over 300 of the country’s best and most interesting colleges and universities.
– CSU is listed among the nation’s best universities by Princeton Review, a New-York-based educational services company. Students surveyed say that CSU is a “hidden gem” that offers a “wonderful education, friendly people, and awesome culture,” along with “excellent” green efforts, a strong engineering program, and myriad research opportunities. CSU also cares about its students becoming active members in the community, according to the 2014 Princeton Review “Best 378 Colleges.”
– CSU is among Forbes’ Top Colleges for 2013. The university ranks among the top Research Universities and Universities in the West.
– CSU’s professional doctoral veterinary medicine program is ranked No. 3 in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report’s 2014 Best Graduate Schools edition. The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences consistently places among the top three vet schools in the nation. It is also ranked third in the nation in federal research dollars.
– The professional program in the Department of Occupational Therapy in CSU’s College of Health and Human Sciences – designated a “Program of Excellence” by the state of Colorado – ranks No. 6 among similar programs nationwide according to U.S. News and World Report in its 2014 Best Graduate Schools edition.
– CSU’s College of Business part-time MBA program was ranked 34th in the nation in the U.S. News and World Report’s 2014 Best Graduate Schools edition. The program was the highest ranked one of its kind in Colorado.
– CSU’s graduate programs in science, engineering and business also were recognized as some of the best in the nation by U.S. News and World Report in its 2014 Best Graduate Schools edition. Civil engineering and chemistry were both ranked in the top 50.
– CSU’s online Psychology undergraduate degree completion program, Human Development and Family Studies undergraduate degree completion program, Master of Engineering, Civil Engineering specialization and Master of Computer Science and Information Technology were independently reviewed and ranked by GetEducated.com as top "Best Buys.” The data-driven lists spotlight the most affordable online degrees from regionally accredited colleges.
– CSU’s College of Business is among the “Best Administered” business schools in the nation according to Princeton Review. CSU’s College of Business ranks fourth in the nation in the recently released “Best 296 Business Schools” book for 2013.
– CSU’s College of Business has been recognized for its outstanding leadership in integrating social, environmental and ethical issues into its Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise MBA program. The Aspen Institute’s 2011-2012 edition of “Beyond Grey Pinstripes,” an independent, biennial survey and global ranking of business schools, ranked the GSSE program at CSU number 27 on its list of the Top 100 MBA Programs in the world.