A groundbreaking ceremony for the Colorado State University Western Colorado Campus, a new facility for research, extension and engagement.
Reporters and photographers are invited to the groundbreaking ceremony at the new CSU Western Colorado Campus at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 8 at the Orchard Mesa Research Center, 3168 B ½ Road, Grand Junction, Colo. 81503.
CSU Vice President for Engagement Kathay Rennels and CSU College of Agricultural Sciences Dean Ajay Menon will begin remarks at 8:05 a.m. The design of CSU’s new Western Colorado Campus will be revealed during the event. Refreshments will be served after the official groundbreaking ceremony.
The CSU Western Campus, located in Orchard Mesa, will provide administrative oversight and intellectual leadership for CSU’s Agricultural Experiment Stations (AES) located in Western Colorado — Fruita, Orchard Mesa, Rogers Mesa and Yellow Jacket. Orchard Mesa also will house the CSU Extension Western Regional Office, the Western Slope Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and the Colorado State Forest Service field office.
Specific programs at this site will include the following:
- Orchard Mesa AES
- The Colorado State Forest Service Grand Junction Field Office
- Colorado State University Extension
- Western Slope Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
- The CSU Regional Engagement
Campus features include:
- 7,717 square foot state of the art veterinary diagnostic laboratory
- 14,095 square foot combined office and classroom building with a teaching kitchen
- 100 person capacity classroom and multiple meeting areas.
Jennifer Dimas at (970) 988-4265 or Jennifer.Dimas@colostate.edu.